Shrimp and Avocado Stuffed Mushrooms
Shrooms and Shrimps anyone??
I must say that on Super Bowl Sunday, I’m all about eating ALLLL the foods! I like to taste and try many options throughout game day, so finger foods are great in my book for an awesome potluck or party with friends. These little appetizer size bites of goodness were actually my lunch one day when I wanted something different. But, they make for a great appetizer you can make for a crowd.
I used baby bella mushrooms because I tend to like the flavor more than white button mushrooms. But either one will do just fine in this recipe. As for the shrimp, I used frozen, uncooked, tail-on shrimp because that’s what I usually keep on hand. You can definitely use whatever type you prefer.
The quantity amounts in this recipe can be increased very easily. Just use as many shrimp and mushrooms as you would like to have appetizers for. So, this uses 16 shrimp and mushrooms and will make 16 individual mushrooms. Serving amount per person will depend on what other yummy goodies will be served at the party!
Equipment You’ll Need:Print
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line baking sheet with foil.
- Clean mushrooms by using a damp towel to brush off dirt and then using a spoon, scoop out gills/stem.
- With melted ghee and flavorgod/salt, toss shrimp and mushrooms to coat.
- Arrange mushrooms and shrimp in single layer on lined baking sheet.
- Cook for approximately 7 minutes give or take until shrimp turn pink and are no longer translucent.
- Meanwhile, smash avocado in a bowl with lemon juice, some flavorgod Spicy or sea salt and cayenne to taste.
- Take tray out of oven and let mushrooms cool a little before stuffing with a spoon of avocado mash, then top with a shrimp.
- Use any leftover avocado mash to scoop up with chips!
Enjoy this on Super Bowl Sunday, or any day for that matter, when you want a quick and easy snack filled with lean protein and healthy fats!