- 2 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups bone broth/stock
- 1/4 cup harissa plus extra (I use Mina brand)
- 2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- cilantro for garnish
- Slice 1 orange and line bottom of slow cooker with orange slices. Zest remaining orange and set aside, then squeeze juice into bottom of slow cooker.
- Season both sides of chicken thighs with himalayan sea salt and place in slow cooker on top of orange slices.
- In a bowl, whisk together bone broth, 1/4 cup harissa, and orange zest, then pour over top of chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Optional: place chicken thighs on foil lined baking sheet. Add a teaspoon of harissa on top of each thigh and broil about 10 inche away from heat to crisp up skin. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- Top with cilantro and more zest if desired and serve with rice and veggies.