- 2 lbs grassfed ground beef
- 1 lb smoked bacon
- 2 tbsp reserved bacon fat -or- ghee (I use Omghee)
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2–3 chipotles en adobo, minced plus 3t liquid (~ 1/2 of a 7oz can)
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Chipotle seasoning (I use FlavorGod)
- 1–2 tbsp local honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp collagen peptides (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings (optional):
- MCT oil
- sliced radish
- Heat dutch oven/stock pot over med-high heat, add chopped bacon and cook until just browned, Then add ground beef and cook until browned and add onions, garlic, tomato paste, chipotle peppers and their liquid, chipotle seasoning, honey, chili powder, cumin. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, bone broth and collagen peptides if using, then bring to a boil. Next, add diced sweet potatoes and cook on medium for about 25-30 minutes.
- Taste chili and add salt and pepper to taste. At this point you can also add more honey if you find it too spicy/acidic. If the chili is not thick enough, just turn heat up and bring to a boil while stirring frequently to reduce some of the liquid out.
- Enjoy with whatever toppings you like! Here’s where I’ll drizzle a little of the MCT oil for added fat-burning effect, cilantro for detox, and radish for a nice cool crunch!