Paleo Shrimp Tacos
I like TACOS. Like, I really like them. I could eat them on the daily, but especially on Taco Tuesdays! Shrimp tacos cook super fast, so this recipe is great when you need a quick dinner! I like to always have a bag of frozen, uncooked shrimp in my freezer because they are super easy to defrost in a pinch.
For the shrimp, my favorite way to cook them is in the oven under the broiler for approximately 6 minutes. It’s fast and hassle free. I melt some ghee and my seasonings and toss the thawed shrimp to coat both sides. Then lay them flat on a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean up. You know the shrimp are cooked when they turn pink.
For the Cumin-Lime Crema, I used the recipe from the Tacolicious’ cookbook. When I’m in SF every other week, I enjoy going to TLish for some Taco Tuesday!!
For the salsa, I made a Fall inspired Pomegranate Apple Mango Salsa. This may seem to be an unlikely combo, but trust me, it worked!
- 1lb uncooked shrimp, deveined, tail on or off
- 2T ghee, melted (I used OMGhee)
- 1T chipotle FlavorGod seasoning
- 1t pink sea salt
- cumin-lime crema
- tortillas of choice
- Pre-heat broiler
- Line baking sheet with foil
- In medium bowl, mix melted ghee with chipotle seasoning and sea salt, stir to mix
- Add thawed, shrimp to ghee and toss to coat
- Line shrimp on baking sheet
- Broil for approximately 6 minutes or until shrimp are pink
- Assemble tacos with your favorite garnishes and ENJOY!