Instant Pot Harissa Picadillo – this dish is bursting with flavors and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or your weekly meal prep!
1 1/2 lbs of ground meat
1 16 ounce can tomato sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup harissa infused olives
1 cup liquid marinade from olive jar (or substitute with beef broth/wine)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add all remaining ingredients stirring well, then change mode to Manual (make sure steam valve is closed) and adjust time to 8 minutes.
- Once time is done, carefully release the steam manually using a dish towel to turn the valve to open. (I set the instant pot on my stovetop underneath the vent and turn the vent on when I release the steam)
- Depending on how much liquid there is, you can set to Saute mode again to reduce liquid. Just make sure to stir frequently until desired results.
- Enjoy your picadillo as a topping for a big ass salad, or as a filling for tacos, enchiladas, burritos or empanadas!
- Feel free to use any ground meat of your choice. I used ground beef here but ground turkey or ground pork would work nicely here. If you use ground pork, you may need to drain the excess liquid/fat rendered after you brown the meat.
Any good green olive will do, but the harissa infused marinaded olives from Lindsay Olives is great since I used the liquid and it adds some extra flavor points!