This Spring Caesar Salad with Chicken Meatballs gets spring-y with snap peas and radicchio and the bright and lemony dressing is sooo delicious! Perfect for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner!
This post is sponsored by my friends at Hip Chick Farms, all opinions are my own!
You guys! I’m in love with salads at the moment and I’ve been craving a chicken caesar salad for awhile now. I love a big dinner salad for dinner when the weather starts warming up and temps start to rise.
When I partnered with the lovely folks at Hip Chick Farms and saw they had organic, gluten free chicken meatballs I knew I was gonna throw them on a caesar salad!
I love using seasonal veggies in my salads, so some snap peas were definitely going in, along with hearts of palm, avocado (duh), and radicchio for a little bit of bitter and pop of color!
Okay, back to the star of the party (errr, salad)… these chicken meatballs! #balling
I love that they are super fast to heat up while you assemble your salad ingredients, whether you throw them straight from the freezer into the oven to bake (like the directions suggest,) or you break the rules and thaw them in refrigerator and heat in a skillet with ghee!
And, let’s not forget about tying all these goodies together with a delicious homemade salad dressing. Because it’s so damn hard to find a good dressing that doesn’t have junky oils and ingredients I can’t pronounce in them.
This one is bright and lemony, and you might wanna double it and keep some in the fridge for later!
Spring Caesar Salad with Chicken Meatballs
- 2 heads romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 small radicchio, sliced
- 2 packages Hip Chick Farms chicken meatballs
- 2 avocado, sliced
- 1 jar hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 snap peas, sliced
- 6 ounces extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1.5 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paleo mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce (gluten free)
1. Prepare Hip Chick Farms chicken meatballs according to package directions, or break the rules like I did and thaw them first overnight in refrigerator, then heat in a skillet with ghee until golden brown.
2. While chicken meatballs are heating, assemble salad in a large serving bowl and make dressing.
3. Serve each salad with about 4-5 meatballs and 1/2 an avocado, then drizzle with dressing.
1. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl, or add to a mason jar and shake with lid.
Just wanted to say Thank You again to my sponsor, Hip Chick Farms! I had so much fun creating this Spring Caesar Salad with Chicken Meatballs! I love companies who not only care about using healthy ingredients, but also care about how they source them as well. They are doing things the right way and working with farmers across the country who are dedicated to humanely raising chicken. Check out their store locator online to find a retailer near you!
P.S. They have an amazing giveaway going on right now where you can enter to win a Big Chill Free Range Oven (retail value $4995!) Contest ends June 1st, so head over to their website to enter!
You can find Hip Chick Farms at: